Established in 2004, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG) is a supply chain company specializing in customer-specific engineered components and assemblies for OEMs and industrial producers. We bring value to our customers with efficiently designed and manufactured parts, made to their specifications, and delivered on their schedule. We focus on collaborative efforts with our customers to provide the lowest total cost of acquisition. We operate in three countries with 30 direct team members.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accounting Administrator will be responsible for daily bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll. The successful candidate is a methodical, detail oriented professional with experience in bookkeeping and who enjoys a challenging and fast-paced work environment.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable – Matching invoices and packing slips, coding, and entering invoices, filing invoices to be paid and processing payments.
- Accounts Receivable – Creating and sending customer invoices, entering customer payments, and following up on past due accounts.
- Payroll – processing payments including government remittances.
- Entering receipts for goods received including exchange and freight.
- Preparing payment worksheets for China Po’s and container payments.
- Enter month end journal entries and reconciliations.
- Track invoices for PST self-assessment.
- Prepare monthly GST filing.
- Maintain filing of all documents.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bookkeeping experience required
- Experience in a manufacturing facility is an asset.
- Proven work experience as a Bookkeeper/Accounting Administrator or similar role is required.
- Experience with Sage 300 accounting software is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (using financial formulas and creating spreadsheets).
- Solid data entry skills with an ability to identify numerical errors.
- Excellent organizational skills and time management abilities.
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.