WHO WE ARE
As one of Manitoba’s fastest growing companies, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. through our various divisions, is increasing safety in the school bus industry and reducing emissions in the electric vehicle charge systems arena. We work on exciting, patented, innovative technology that impacts our environment. What has remained constant throughout this compelling history of growth is our dedication to our customers, our team members, and to the values on which we built SMG:
- People – our team is what makes us special
- Passion – from our hearts and minds, demonstrated through our actions
- Priority – we put the customer first, everyday, in everything we do
- Partnership – with each other, our customers, and our suppliers
We offer a competitive benefits package in an environment that is supportive, respectful, and fun! Join an innovative, growing, and diverse organization where your voice matters.
The Electronics Assembler will be responsible for electronics assembly of quality products on the manufacturing line for our innovative lifesaving patented technology. They are part of a skilled team that works together to ensure daily targets are met to fulfill the company’s growing order book. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, a “can-do” attitude, and works well in a team environment.
HOW YOU WILL BE MAKING AN IMPACT
- Perform soldering operations to IPC 610 standards.
- Visual and AOI inspection of PCBAs.
- Connect and solder lead wires to PCBs.
- Mask and conformal coat.
- Perform Firest Article Inspection on first off PCBAs.
- Assembly of electronic assemblies to mechanical assemblies.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications to ensure quality and accurate assembly.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU REQUIRE
- Knowledge and experience with electronic component identification and IPC610 standards.
- Able to read drawings/blueprints and understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced environment.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Work well under pressure and under tight timelines.
- Experience with fabrication using basic hand tools, power tools, and machinery.
- Knowledge of production documentation and mechanical and electrical assemblies.
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
THE BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM
Share with us your passion and drive towards your career objectives, and we will provide an environment where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth and job satisfaction. We offer an attractive benefits package for our team members including:
- Competitive compensation package
- Group insurance plan with health spending account
- Paid Vacation
- Company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Years
- Matching RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.