ELECTRONICS QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR
Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer of customer-specific components and assemblies for transportation and general industrial applications. In 2017, First Light Safety Products was created as a division of SMG. On a mission to prevent stop arm violations, school bus related accidents and fatalities, First Light Safety Products design and manufactures innovative patent-pending illumination technology for the school bus industry. Both organizations share a 30,000 sq ft, state of the art manufacturing facility.
The Electronics QA Inspector is responsible for performing incoming and outgoing inspections on components, subassemblies, and final assemblies with a focus on electronics. To excel in this role, the successful applicant is experienced, has great attention to detail and an excellent technical aptitude.
DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, execute, and oversee inspection and testing of incoming and outgoing product to confirm quality conformance to specifications and quality deliverables.
- Follow manufacturing assembly procedures and instructions, and perform assigned tasks in compliance with quality, workmanship, and company standards.
- Identify, contain, and conduct investigations on non-conforming material which fails to meet SMG’s quality expectation.
- Support the definition, setup, and maintenance of our calibration system.
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records and maintaining the PPAP master sample library.
- Resolve quality related issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize activities and communicate effectively.
- Must be able to lift 30 – 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Attention to detail is a must.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Solid knowledge and skills in printed circuit board assembly.
- Solid knowledge of electronic component identification.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance and testing techniques.
- Knowledge of color codes, electronic component identification and IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assembly Standards.
- Ability to read and comprehend assembly documentation, drawings, and technical datasheets.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new methods and procedures.
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
- Compensation is flexible based on experience
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.