WHO WE ARE
As one of Manitoba’s fastest growing companies, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. through our various divisions, is increasing safety in the school bus industry and reducing emissions in the electric vehicle charge systems arena. We work on exciting, patented, innovative technology that impacts our environment. What has remained constant throughout this compelling history of growth is our dedication to our customers, our team members, and to the values on which we built SMG:
- People – our team is what makes us special
- Passion – from our hearts and minds, demonstrated through our actions
- Priority – we put the customer first, everyday, in everything we do
- Partnership – with each other, our customers, and our suppliers
We offer a competitive benefits package in an environment that is supportive, respectful, and fun! Join an innovative, growing, and diverse organization where your voice matters.
Juggling multiple shipments, coordinating various customer inquiries, ensuring our customers receive their shipments in good order and on time – and all with a smile, of course! The Freight Coordinator is part of the team that helps us with our third P – Priority. Working hard at exceeding our customer expectations, the successful candidate is a detail-oriented, multi-tasker that takes charge of the situation at hand!
HOW YOU WILL BE MAKING AN IMPACT
- Coordinate air and LTL shipments with contracted carriers.
- Track and trace orders and update internal systems and customers to ensure on-time delivery.
- Prepare customs paperwork.
- Navigating shipping claims – lost or damaged packages.
- Overseeing warranty and replacement shipments.
- Perform general clerical duties as assigned, including answering and directing phone calls, filing, and data entry.
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU REQUIRE
- Fluent in English – oral and written.
- Minimum 2 years experience in logistics/transportation and customer service.
- Strong knowledge of in-bound and out-bound LTL and air shipments.
- Working knowledge in customs paperwork.
- Customer-focused attitude.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong telephone skills, etiquette, and exceptional customer service skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with data collection and order entry.
THE BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM
Share with us your passion and drive towards your career objectives, and we will provide an environment where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth and job satisfaction. We offer an attractive benefits package for our team members including:
- Group insurance plan with health spending account
- Paid Vacation
- Company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Years
- Matching RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.