INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
WHO WE ARE
As one of Manitoba’s fastest growing companies, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. through our various divisions, is increasing safety in the school bus industry and reducing emissions in the electric vehicle charge systems arena. We work on exciting, patented, innovative technology that impacts our environment. What has remained constant throughout this compelling history of growth is our dedication to our customers, our team members, and to the values on which we built SMG:
- People – our team is what makes us special
- Passion – from our hearts and minds, demonstrated through our actions
- Priority – we put the customer first, everyday, in everything we do
- Partnership – with each other, our customers, and our suppliers
We offer a competitive benefits package in an environment that is supportive, respectful, and fun! Join an innovative, growing, and diverse organization where your voice matters.
Making an impact on children’s lives with every sale, the Inside Sales Representative is a hunter that is a motivated and talented individual that thrives on closing business. You must be a people person, have a ‘go-getter’ mentality, and have the ability to interact with various departments and types of customers at multiple levels. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and booking sales calls for the Regional Account Executive. The Inside Sales Representative is professional and has excellent customer service, relationship-building, and communication skills. The successful individual will be growing the assigned territory with the Regional Account Executive.
HOW YOU WILL BE MAKING AN IMPACT
- Contact school districts, dealers, and State Directors to create relationships and promote First Light’s line of LED-based safety equipment.
- Route qualified opportunities to the Regional Account Executive for further development and closure.
- Make follow-up calls to customers.
- Consistently achieve a high level of customer service.
- Engage in new customer development for First Light’s line of LED-based safety equipment.
- Maintain relationships with current customers and continue to increase market share by understanding customer needs and requirements.
- Leverage marketing and sales tools to identify solutions and sell to new customers.
- Track sales progress via web-based applications and prepare reports.
- Engage in consultative solutions-based selling.
- Participate in tradeshow exhibitions.
- Maintain knowledge base on current products and learning about new products.
- Conduct market research, as required.
- Develop and sustain sales relationships with key decision makers and influencers on all levels of an organization.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU REQUIRE
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years of inside sales experience.
- Experience in selling to OEMs and industrial producers, through a dealer network, and/or to the pupil transportation industry is an asset.
- Strong phone presence and experience making a high number of contacts per day through a variety of channels.
- Proven track record with cold calling.
- Outbound calling experience – 40-50 calls per day.
- Experience with transit, or school bus market is preferable.
- Proven problem-solving and negotiating skills.
- Proficient with computers and skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient with emails – sending follow-up emails.
- Experience working with a CRM.
- Experience in mining the internet for sales targets.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Work well under pressure and under tight timelines.
- High level of organizational skills, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- Must possess excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers and multiple-disciplinary teams.
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
- Able to travel within Canada, the USA, and internationally, as required.
THE BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM
Share with us your passion and drive towards your career objectives, and we will provide an environment where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth and job satisfaction. We offer an attractive benefits package for our team members including:
- Competitive benefits package with uncapped commissions
- Group insurance plan with health spending account
- Paid Vacation
- Company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Years
- Matching RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.