Marketing / Graphic Design Specialist
Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc., established in 2004, is a leading supplier of customer-specific engineered parts and assemblies for transportation industries and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products (FLSP) was created as a tradename under SMG, to pioneer self-contained illuminated safety products for the pupil transportation industry. In the years since FLSP has emerged as the market leader for Illuminated School Bus Signs and Fully Illuminated Stop Arms and pursued exclusivity over its products and technologies through considerable investment in proprietary know-how and patent protection.
As a member of our team, the Marketing / Graphic Design Specialist will work closely with management, sales, and other key stakeholders, to bring ideas to life through graphics, images, videos, etc.). You will also be responsible for managing and growing our social media channels. A qualified candidate will have a strong creative nature and the ability to pair it with well worded copy.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage social media channels
- Includes copy and creative (graphics, images, video, audio, etc.)
- Conceptualize, design, and develop, the creative for various marketing materials
- Includes digital, print, etc.
- Ideate and execute on marketing campaigns
- Assist with website updates
- Support coordination of trade shows
- Includes identifying, scheduling, and attending (when needed)
- Ensure cohesion throughout all marketing activities and messaging
- Undertake specific tasks of the marketing plan, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education: Post-secondary diploma or degree in marketing or communications
- Minimum 3 years of related marketing experience
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Lightroom, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and SharePoint)
- Strong graphic design and layout skills implementing best UX practics
- Experience with any of the following would be considered an asset
- Constant Contact or similar tool, WordPress, HTML/CSS
- Strong verbal and written communication with a passion for great content
- Works well under pressure and under tight timelines
- High level of organizational skills and very detail-oriented
- Energetic and personable with a diligent work ethic
- Able to travel within Canada, the USA, as required
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Starting salary of $50,000 to $60,000, depending on experience
- Group Insurance Plan with Health Spending Account
- Paid Vacation
- Includes company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Year
- Matching RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.