Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc., established in 2004, is a leading supplier of customer-specific engineered parts and assemblies for transportation industries and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products (FLSP) was created as a tradename under SMG, to pioneer self-contained illuminated safety products for the pupil transportation industry. In the years since FLSP has emerged as the market leader for Illuminated School Bus Signs and Fully Illuminated Stop Arms and pursued exclusivity over its products and technologies through considerable investment in proprietary know-how and patent protection.
The Marketing Manager will develop strategic marketing plans for our business units and oversee the implementation and execution of the defined activities. The successful candidate will work closely with executive leadership, the sales team, and other key stakeholders throughout the organization, to accelerate customer acquisition, retention, and overall brand growth.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute on an overall marketing plan
- Manage the copy and creative for all branding, advertising, and promotional campaigns
- Digital, social media, print, email and any other mediums
- Imagine and oversee the development and acquisition of all marketing assets, such as video, graphic design, etc.
- Develop and manage the marketing department’s annual budget
- Analyze the results of aspects of the marketing plan and campaigns to determine their return on investment and impact on future strategies
- Ensure cohesion throughout all marketing activities and messaging
- Manage a marketing team of 2 FTE
- Undertake specific tasks of the marketing plan, as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education: BS Degree in Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum 7-10 years of related marketing experience
- Experience in building marketing programs involving various channels and reporting on the results
- Excellent verbal and written communication with a passion for great content
- Strong computer knowledge with solid experience in digital marketing tools (website, social media, email marketing, etc.)
- Works well under pressure and under tight timelines
- High level of organizational skills, detail-oriented, and analytical
- Energetic and personable with a diligent work ethic and able to work with and manage a team
- Experience as a graphic designer would be an asset, but not a requirement
- Able to travel within Canada, the USA, as required
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Starting salary of $85,000
- Group Insurance Plan with Health Spending Account
- Paid Vacation
- Includes company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Year
- Matching RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.