MECHANICAL QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR
Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer of customer-specific components and assemblies for transportation and general industrial applications. In 2017, First Light Safety Products was created as a division of SMG. On a mission to prevent stop arm violations, school bus related accidents and fatalities, First Light Safety Products design and manufactures innovative patent-pending illumination technology for the school bus industry. Both organizations share a 30,000 sq ft, state of the art manufacturing facility.
The Mechanical QA Inspector will perform regular product evaluations, record inspection results, and recommend improvements to the manufacturing of the products. To excel in this role, the successful applicant is experienced, has great attention to detail and an excellent technical aptitude.
DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, execute, and oversee inspection and testing of incoming and outgoing product to confirm quality conformance to specifications and quality deliverables.
- Follow manufacturing assembly procedures and instructions, and perform assigned tasks in compliance with quality, workmanship, and company standards.
- Identify, contain, and conduct investigations on non-conforming material which fails to meet SMG’s quality expectation.
- Read blueprints, and technical data specification documents to understand the requirements of products and services.
- Support the definition, setup, and maintenance of our calibration system.
- Measure product dimensions examine functionality and compare the final product to the approved specifications and master PPAP sample.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records and maintaining the PPAP master sample library.
- Resolve quality related issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize activities and communicate well.
- Must be able to lift 30 – 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Attention to detail is a must.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualifications.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Strong understanding of quality assurance and testing techniques.
- Ability to read and comprehend assembly documentation, drawings, and technical datasheets.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new methods and procedures.
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
- Compensation is flexible based on experience
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.