Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc., established in 2004, is a leading supplier of customer-specific engineered parts and assemblies for transportation industries and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products (FLSP) was created as a tradename under SMG, to pioneer self-contained illuminated safety products for the pupil transportation industry. In the years since, FLSP has emerged as the market leader for Illuminated School Bus Signs and Fully Illuminated Stop Arms and pursued exclusivity over its products and technologies through considerable investment in proprietary know-how and patent protection.
Looking for a change? We are hiring new team members for production! Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Assembler will be responsible for producing and assembling products on the production line that aid in the safety of children. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, has a “can-do” attitude and works well in a team environment.
- Help assemble potentially lifesaving School Bus Products
- No experience needed – we will provide training!
- Is English your second language? No problem!
- We offer a full benefits package
- Time off over Christmas
- Day and evening shifts available
- Immediate start date
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical assembly of sub-assemblies and final products
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced environment
- Good manual dexterity
- Electronics assembly background is an asset
- Work well under pressure and under tight timelines
- Experience with fabrication using basic hand tools, power tools, and machinery
- Knowledge of production documentation and mechanical and electrical assemblies
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.