Quality Control Inspector
Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc., established in 2004, is a leading supplier of customer-specific engineered parts and assemblies for transportation industries and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products (FLSP) was created as a tradename under SMG, to pioneer self-contained illuminated safety products for the pupil transportation industry. In the years since FLSP has emerged as the market leader for Illuminated School Bus Signs and Fully Illuminated Stop Arms and pursued exclusivity over its products and technologies through considerable investment in proprietary know-how and patent protection.
The Quality Control Inspector performs mechanical inspections, documents, and reports results. The successful candidate is an experienced quality control inspector, has great attention to detail and a strong understanding of technical part documents. The position reports to the Director of Quality.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read part drawings and associated technical documents to understand the requirements of parts
- Perform inspection and testing of incoming and outgoing material to defined specifications and standards
- Identify, contain, and conduct investigations on non-conforming material
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records
- Resolve quality related issues in a timely manner
- Support the definition, setup, and maintenance of our calibration system
- Other related duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous quality inspection experience in a manufacturing environment
- Able to read and understand part drawings and associated technical documents
- Previous experience using quality inspection tools, equipment, and related measuring techniques
- Knowledge and experience with Geometric Tolerance and Dimensions (GDT) is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or with a team
- Skilled with numbers and general mathematics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, both reading and writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools
- Able to lift 30 – 50 lbs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Grade 12 high school graduate or equivalent
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Starting salary of $17/hr to $24/hr, depending on experience
- Paid vacations
- RRSP Matching Contribution
- Group Insurance Plan
- Casual attire
- Employee focused company events
- Monday to Friday
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.