WHO WE ARE
As one of Manitoba’s fastest growing companies, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. through our various divisions, is increasing safety in the school bus industry and reducing emissions in the electric vehicle charge systems arena. We work on exciting, patented, innovative technology that impacts our environment. What has remained constant throughout this compelling history of growth is our dedication to our customers, our team members, and to the values on which we built SMG:
- People – our team is what makes us special
- Passion – from our hearts and minds, demonstrated through our actions
- Priority – we put the customer first, everyday, in everything we do
- Partnership – with each other, our customers, and our suppliers
We offer a competitive benefits package in an environment that is supportive, respectful, and fun! Join an innovative, growing, and diverse organization where your voice matters.
Making an impact on children’s lives with every sale, the Sales Executive is a hunter that thrives on prospecting and closing deals and is known for being relentless. You must be an extrovert, have a ‘go-getter’ mentality, and be skilled at interacting with people. A usual top performer, you’re highly self-motivated, and often exceed sales targets. The Sales Executive will work from First Light’s head office in Winnipeg, Canada. The territory of the position includes several states within the USA.
HOW YOU WILL BE MAKING AN IMPACT
- Research and prospect for new business, primarily targeting school districts, school bus dealers and school bus parts distributors.
- Cold calling via phone
- Product demonstrations – online and in-person
- Demonstrate products, explain features, benefits, and solicit orders.
- Overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Goal of aggressively opening and growing new accounts.
- Plan your schedule inclusive of call time, presentation time, and travel time, to meet sales goals.
- Build and maintain customer relationships by delivering an extraordinary customer experience.
- Become a subject matter expert on our products.
- Track sales progress via web-based applications and prepare reports.
- Update company CRM daily.
- Participate in industry tradeshows and professional events.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU REQUIRE
- Degree or certificate in Sales, Marketing, Business Administration, or relevant field.
- Proven work experience in inside and/or outside sales or a sales related position.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Proficient with CRM software and Microsoft office programs.
- Customer focused attitude with excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in French would be considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Availability to travel as needed:
- 4 weeks of travel to the USA is required every quarter, travel can be divided in 2-3 trips
THE BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM
Share with us your passion and drive towards your career objectives, and we will provide an environment where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth and job satisfaction. We offer an attractive benefits package for our team members including:
- Base salary of $65,000 to $85,000, depending on experience
- 3% Commission on all sales within the defined territory
- Commissions are uncapped
- Group insurance plan with health spending account
- Paid Vacation
- Company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Years
- Matching RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.