Smartrend Supply Ltd., established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer of customer-specific components and assemblies for transportation and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products was created as a subsidiary of Smartrend Supply Ltd. First Light, an innovative and progressive organization, incorporates LED technology into essential safety indicators to improve the visibility of school buses, thus increasing the safety of drivers and passengers of buses and other motor vehicles. Both organizations share a 29,000 sq ft, state of the art manufacturing facility.
SMG is looking for a Shipper/Receiver to provide support to supply chain department ensuring all shipments are received, stocked, and shipped in a timely manner. The ideal candidate will possess very strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills along with the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Detailed Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes all inbound and outbound shipments including but not limited to: sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping
- Assists in maintaining material inventory levels and completes cycle counts
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage with follow up to purchasing, as required
- Assists in responses to requests for tracking of missing shipments
- Stock handling and inventory control
- Verify parcels received and put away stock on the shelves
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude
- Provides additional backup support for shipping and receiving departments.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- 6 months logistics, retail, or customer service experience
- Proficient at operating a high stacker/deep reach and electric pallet jack
- Forklift Certification within 90 days of job entry date
- Receiving, stocking, and stacking
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Valid drivers license
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.