SOCIAL MEDIA SPECIALIST
WHO WE ARE
As one of Manitoba’s fastest growing companies, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. through our various divisions, is increasing safety in the school bus industry and reducing emissions in the electric vehicle charge systems arena. We work on exciting, patented, innovative technology that impacts our environment. What has remained constant throughout this compelling history of growth is our dedication to our customers, our team members, and to the values on which we built SMG:
- People – our team is what makes us special
- Passion – from our hearts and minds, demonstrated through our actions
- Priority – we put the customer first, everyday, in everything we do
- Partnership – with each other, our customers, and our suppliers
We offer a competitive benefits package in an environment that is supportive, respectful, and fun! Join an innovative, growing, and diverse organization where your voice matters.
If you are a passionate and results-driven Social Media Specialist seeking an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to our organization’s success, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume, portfolio (if applicable), and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are the ideal candidate for this position. Join our team and help us create a positive impact through effective social media engagement.
HOW YOU WILL BE MAKING AN IMPACT
- Monitor and manage our organization’s social media accounts, with a focus on Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram as primary channels and Twitter and Tik Tok as supporting.
- Develop and execute engaging social media campaigns in collaboration with designers, creating content in alignment with organizational goals.
- Track and analyze campaign performance and engagement metrics using relevant tools and platforms, and utilize data-driven insights for continuous improvement.
- Build and nurture relationships with influencers and establish an influencer network to expand our reach and promote our brand.
- Manage the content calendar, ensuring consistent posting schedules and maintaining alignment with our brand image and messaging.
- Respond to social media inquiries, comments, and direct messages promptly and professionally, fostering positive engagement with our audience.
- Stay up to date with social media trends, best practices, and emerging platforms to suggest innovative ideas and strategies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, and design, to ensure a cohesive and unified brand presence across all channels. Occasionally including email campaigns as needed.
- Maintain strong knowledge of relevant regulations, laws, and policies concerning social media activity, ensuring compliance at all times.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU REQUIRE
- Proven experience as a Social Media Specialist or similar role.
- Proficiency in managing various social media platforms, such as Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin and Facebook, including expertise in content planning and analytics tools.
- Strong understanding of social media algorithms, trends, and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to craft compelling and brand-aligned content and engage with the audience.
- Creative mindset with a keen eye for detail and aesthetics.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and derive actionable insights.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in cross-functional environments.
- Share with us your passion and drive towards your career objectives, and we will provide an environment where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth and job satisfaction.
THE BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM
Share with us your passion and drive towards your career objectives, and we will provide
an environment where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with
professional growth and job satisfaction. We offer an attractive benefits package for our
team members including:
- Permanent full-time
- Base salary
- Group Insurance Plan or wellness allowance
- Paid Vacation
– Includes company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Year
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an
interview will be contacted.