ERP SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Smartrend Supply Ltd., established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer of customer-specific components and assemblies for transportation and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products was created as a subsidiary of Smartrend Supply Ltd. First Light, an innovative and progressive organization, incorporates LED technology into essential safety indicators to improve the visibility of school buses, thus increasing the safety of drivers and passengers of buses and other motor vehicles. Both organizations share a 29,000 sq ft, state of the art manufacturing facility.
The ERP Software Developer is a methodical, detail oriented, and creative professional that will be responsible for creating, modifying, and maintaining internal ERP/MRP systems to support our manufacturing operation. We are looking for a forward thinker that will bring forth ideas for continuous improvement. The successful candidate will work with various groups including procurement, administration, engineering, and manufacturing teams to gather requirements for the internal systems that require development.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Modify and develop specified software to manage and guide production and manufacturing activities.
- Monitor and maintain systems to maximize system availability.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of in-house internal tools, databases, etc. to manage and track all testing related activities and data.
- Interface with other staff to gather requirements for internal systems.
- Participate in internal process, procedure, and workflow discussions and identify opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency of tools.
- Other software and IT related activities as directed and required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Education: BS Degree in Computer Engineering/Science or Computer Engineering Technology Certificate or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of related software development
- Familiarity with ERP/MRP systems is an asset.
- Familiarity with electronics and mechanical manufacturing is an asset.
- Computer knowledge and skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Solid Works or similar CAD software is an asset.
- Possess creativity for product
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Project management skills is an
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
- Strives in pressure situations.
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.