Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer of customer-specific components and assemblies for transportation and general industrial applications. In 2017, First Light Safety Products was created as a division of SMG. On a mission to prevent stop arm violations, school bus related accidents and fatalities, First Light Safety Products design and manufactures innovative patent-pending illumination technology for the school bus industry. Both organizations share a 30,000 sq ft, state of the art manufacturing facility.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Assembler will be responsible for producing and assembling products on the production line that aid in the safety of children. The successful candidate will have strong attention to detail, has a “can-do” attitude and works well in a team environment.
Detailed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mechanical assembly of sub-assemblies and final products
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to work unsupervised in a fast-paced environment
- Good manual dexterity
- Electronics assembly background is an asset
- Work well under pressure and under tight timelines
- Experience with fabrication using basic hand tools, power tools, and machinery
- Knowledge of production documentation and mechanical and electrical assemblies
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL APPLICANTS WHO APPLY, HOWEVER, ONLY THOSE SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.