SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONTENT SPECIALIST
Smartrend Supply Ltd., established in 2004, is a leading manufacturer of customer-specific components and assemblies for transportation and general industrial applications. In 2018, First Light Safety Products was created as a subsidiary of Smartrend Supply Ltd. First Light, an innovative and progressive organization, incorporates LED technology into essential safety indicators to improve the visibility of school buses, thus increasing the safety of drivers and passengers of buses and other motor vehicles. Both organizations share a 29,000 sq ft, state of the art manufacturing facility.
The Social Media and Content Specialist is a highly motivated and creative individual with experience and enthusiasm for connecting with current and future customers. They share the company’s mission for increased student safety, is a champion of our product, and are excited to get our message out. The passion for our illuminated safety technology comes through as he/she engages with our target market on a daily basis with the goal of building a large online community which ultimately leads to customers and advocates. The successful individual will have a strong command of the English language as they are also responsible for all written content used for marketing purposes.
DETAILED DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- All things social – assist in strategy creation, deployment, and daily management to ensure growth objectives are met
- Create a regular publishing schedule to promote our company’s core message and generate leads
- Define important social media KPIs
- Manage and oversee social media content
- Research new social media trends and hashtags
- Create, organize, and execute all email marketing campaigns in Constant Contact to funnel qualified leads to sales team
- Compose articles for industry publications, website, SM, and news outlets
- Create Advertisements for industry publications and social media
- Responsible for all written content for Smartrend Group of companies, with a focus on First Light Safety Products
- Assist with the development and on-going maintenance of SMG and First Light’s website including content development and updates.
- Manage First Light’s trade show presence including but not limited to: booking, shipping, packaging, organizing, tracking, and reporting
- Ensure that all brand communication elements are consistent, accurate, and reflective of current brand strategy and communication objectives.
- Assist in executing First Light’s advertising strategy
Other projects as assigned by Management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related field
- Experience in online, digital marketing, and social media
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- High level of organizational skills, detail oriented, and analytical
- Professional and clear communication skills
- An energetic, diligent work ethic
- A history of innovation, creativity, and delivering results
- Knowledge in photography and video editing is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of email providers such as Constant Contact is considered an asset.
- Able to work with little supervision
- Must be able to travel through Canada and the US
Share with us your talent, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit and we will provide a creative and supportive environment, where valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth, job satisfaction, and an attractive total compensation program. We offer a benefits package to our employees including:
- Group Insurance Plan
- Paid Vacations
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.