PRODUCT LIMITED WARRANTY POLICY
PRODUCT COMPONENTS AND COVERAGEFirst Light Safety Products (“FLSP”), a division of Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc., warrants each new Product manufactured by it and owned by the original purchaser (the “Original Purchaser”), to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the time stated below (the “Warranty Period”), and to the extent set forth below.
ILLUMINATED SCHOOL BUS SIGN AND FULLY ILLUMINATED STOP ARM (ELECTRIC AND AIR):
- LED ILLUMINATION: Five (5) years from the date of manufacture
- FRAME (MECHANICAL COMPONENTS): Three (3) years from date of manufacture
STANDARD STOP ARMS AND CROSSING ARMS:
- Three (3) years from the date of manufacture
A Product will be covered by this Limited Warranty if it possesses a defect that materially impairs the value of the goods to the Original Purchaser, and if FLSP determines at any time during the Warranty Period (or thereafter if the claim for warranty was made during the Warranty Period) that the Product was defective in material and/or workmanship at the time of shipment.
In the event that the Product possesses a defect covered by this Limited Warranty, the Original Purchaser must take the following steps in order to obtain warranty service:
- 1. Submit a claim for defect via email to email@example.com. Include the product date code, image of defect (if the defect can be represented by an image), description of the defect, and the date the defect occurred. Please indicate if a replacement product is required urgently.
- 2. FLSP will respond within 48 hours with a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number and instructions for how to manage the defective product.
Any questions on this procedure can be directed to FLSP’s Customer Service at 866.216.2605.
This limited warranty extends only to the original purchase of the Product from FLSP by the Original Purchaser and is not transferable.
This limited warranty does not apply to, and FLSP assumes no liability for any of the following:
- Any product that has been physically altered or improperly maintained;
- Any damage or defect due to normal wear and tear of the Product arising from use;
- Any damage to or defect in the Product attributable to accident or to lightning, power source other than specified in the operator’s manual, environmental conditions, theft, or vandalism;
- Any damage or defect caused by unauthorized or improper installation; and
- Any product used in improper applications, abused, or not used in conjunction with the proper parts.
FLSP reserves the right to determine whether misuse, undue force, improper service, or poor maintenance or handling will void this warranty, and the owner may be asked to provide written documentation evidencing appropriate maintenance. Any alteration, defacement or removal of the serial number or manufacture date on the Product voids this warranty.
FLSP’s obligations under this warranty are limited to the repair, replacement, or issuance of credit (at the lower of the original sale price and the current list price), at its discretion, and are limited to the Product only.
This Limited Warranty is the only warranty for the Product and it replaces all other warranties express or implied. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description of the face hereof. FLSP makes no warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and, to the extent legally permissible, all such warranties are expressly disclaimed. Liability for incidental and consequential damages, property damages or personal injury damages is hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
FLSP reserves the right to change or modify its product warranty or the warranty program at any time.