WHO WE ARE
As one of Manitoba’s fastest growing companies, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. through our various divisions, is increasing safety in the school bus industry and reducing emissions in the electric vehicle charge systems arena. We work on exciting, patented, innovative technology that impacts our environment. What has remained constant throughout this compelling history of growth is our dedication to our customers, our team members, and to the values on which we built SMG:
- People – our team is what makes us special
- Passion – from our hearts and minds, demonstrated through our actions
- Priority – we put the customer first, everyday, in everything we do
- Partnership – with each other, our customers, and our suppliers
We offer a competitive benefits package in an environment that is supportive, respectful, and fun! Join an innovative, growing, and diverse organization where your voice matters.
The Project Engineer is a core part of our New Production Introduction (NPI) team that will help support the rapid growth of the organization through completing technical reviews for new projects. This individual is a methodical, detailed oriented professional that will be responsible for providing technical expertise to various stakeholders. With a mechanical background, they are the liaison between several external and internal customers. The successful candidate will be engaged in the analysis of customers’ requirements and communicating these requirements to suppliers.
HOW YOU WILL BE MAKING AN IMPACT
- Lead projects from initiation to completion throughout various stages.
- Perform detailed technical review of customer’s drawings / requirements throughout quotation phase.
- Once the project is awarded, create, and maintain PNs and documentation in PLM system (NetSuite).
- Manage customer’s drawings and revisions database.
- Assist customers with tolerances and manufacturability analysis.
- Communicate project requirements to quality and sourcing team overseas.
- Analyze PPAP report to ensure customer’s requirements are met.
- Support product hand-off to customers.
- Assist in managing drawings database.
- Support engineering design team with development of new products.
- Other engineering-related activities, as required.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU REQUIRE
- Education: B.Sc Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of related engineering experience.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Computer knowledge and skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Solid Works or similar CAD software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Project management skills are an asset.
- Work well under pressure and under tight timelines.
- High level of organizational skills, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- Must possess excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers and multidisciplinary teams.
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
- Able to travel within Canada, the USA, and internationally, as required.
THE BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM
Share with us your passion and drive towards your career objectives, and we will provide an environment where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth and job satisfaction. We offer an attractive benefits package for our team members including:
- Competitive benefits package
- Group insurance plan with health spending account
- Paid Vacation
- Company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Years
- Matching RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.