WHO WE ARE
As one of Manitoba’s fastest growing companies, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. through our various divisions, is increasing safety in the school bus industry and reducing emissions in the electric vehicle charge systems arena. We work on exciting, patented, innovative technology that impacts our environment. What has remained constant throughout this compelling history of growth is our dedication to our customers, our team members, and to the values on which we built SMG:
- People – our team is what makes us special
- Passion – from our hearts and minds, demonstrated through our actions
- Priority – we put the customer first, everyday, in everything we do
- Partnership – with each other, our customers, and our suppliers
We offer a competitive benefits package in an environment that is supportive, respectful, and fun! Join an innovative, growing, and diverse organization where your voice matters.
The Sourcing Specialist is passionate about the art of negotiation and skilled in the world of procurement. Executing on cost saving initiatives through identification and development of potential suppliers is key to this role’s success. The successful individual will be part of a growing team and has strong leadership, planning, and communication skills. If you are looking to thrive in a dynamic environment where your strategic thinking drives impactful decisions and where your ideas are appreciated, this is the right team for you!
HOW YOU WILL BE MAKING AN IMPACT
- Identify and evaluate potential suppliers based on product requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine supplier selection criteria.
- Prepare request for proposal, request for quotes and negotiate contracts, purchase terms and conditions.
- Collaborate with our teams in Canada and overseas to ensure timely start of production for newly sourced components.
- Proactively identify opportunities for supplier development, cost reduction, process optimization and other continuous improvement opportunities.
- Develop strong relationships with supplier through regular communication, site visits and performance reviews.
- Manage supplier risk and develops strategies to resolve issues and/or concerns.
- Analyze industry and demand trends and support senior management with the development and implementation of sourcing strategies.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU REQUIRE
- Proven work experience as a Sourcing Specialist or similar role.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management or a similar field preferred.
- Strong understanding of procurement processes, supplier management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Skilled multi-tasker, capable of balancing shifting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Solutions oriented, critical thinker, committed to meeting internal and external customer expectations.
- Technologically advanced with strong computer skills and capabilities in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and purchasing and resource planning systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Project management skills are an asset.
- Work well under pressure and under tight timelines.
- High level of organizational skills, detail-oriented, and analytical.
- Must possess excellent communication skills to collaborate with customers and multiple-disciplinary teams.
- An energetic, diligent work ethic and able to work with little supervision.
- Able to travel within Canada, the USA, and internationally, as required.
THE BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM
Share with us your passion and drive towards your career objectives, and we will provide an environment where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth and job satisfaction. We offer an attractive benefits package for our team members including:
- Group insurance plan with health spending account
- Paid Vacation
- Company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Years
- Matching RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.