TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
WHO WE ARE
As one of Manitoba’s fastest growing companies, Smartrend Manufacturing Group (SMG), Inc. through our various divisions, is increasing safety in the school bus industry and reducing emissions in the electric vehicle charge systems arena. We work on exciting, patented, innovative technology that impacts our environment. What has remained constant throughout this compelling history of growth is our dedication to our customers, our team members, and to the values on which we built SMG:
- People – our team is what makes us special
- Passion – from our hearts and minds, demonstrated through our actions
- Priority – we put the customer first, everyday, in everything we do
- Partnership – with each other, our customers, and our suppliers
We offer a competitive benefits package in an environment that is supportive, respectful, and fun! Join an innovative, growing, and diverse organization where your voice matters.
Is your passion people? We are in search of a Talent Acquisition Specialist to help us with our first P – PEOPLE! Your impeccable sourcing capabilities will help build this growing team by finding gems for the company. The ideal candidate has a positive outlook with exceptional communication and organizational skills. With eagerness to learn, this individual has minimum two years’ experience in talent acquisition and has ability to devise sourcing strategies for potential applicants. As the face of the company for new recruits, you have impeccable interpersonal skills.
HOW YOU WILL BE MAKING AN IMPACT
- Coordinate with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and candidate selection criteria.
- Source applicants through online channels, such as LinkedIn and other professional networks.
- Create job descriptions and interview questions that reflect the requirements for each position.
- Compile lists of most-suitable candidates by assessing their CVs, portfolios, and references.
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events to build a strong candidate pipeline.
- Maintain records of all materials used for recruitment, including interview notes and related paperwork, to share with key stakeholders.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU REQUIRE
- Two or three years of experience in a talent acquisition or similar role.
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting, using various interview techniques and evaluation methods.
- Proficiency with social media, CV databases, and professional networks.
- Experience in using LinkedIn Talent Solutions to proactively source candidates.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and keeping up with industry trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
THE BENEFITS OF BEING PART OF OUR TEAM
Share with us your passion and drive towards your career objectives, and we will provide an environment where your valuable contributions are rewarded and celebrated with professional growth and job satisfaction. We offer an attractive benefits package for our team members including:
- Group insurance plan with health spending account
- Paid Vacation
- Company paid shutdown from Christmas to New Years
- Matching RRSP program
We would like to thank all applicants who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.